The People’s Committee Building of Ho Chi Minh City is located at one end of Nguyen Hue Street, one of the most beautiful streets in this metropolis.
The building was built and put into use in 1909 as a hotel whose original name was Hôtel de Ville. It was designed by Gardes, a famous French architecture. This building is thus one of the oldest, biggest and most beautiful French style buildings in Ho Chi Minh City, functioning both as a city institution and as the city’s most prominent landmark today.
At first glance, it’s seen as a simple and beautiful old monument with 3 main buildings. The middle is the highest among the three, creating a balanced structure.
There are also 3 statues that were embossed on the building. In the middle, it’s a woman and children who were taming the furious animals.
On the left and right side of the building, there were 2 women holding swords who are ready to fight. Adding to the majestic ancient beauty of the building were the delicate bass-relieves on the walls, popular feature of French colonial style.
In fornt of the building, lying a small yard with many trees, flowers and especially the statue named “Uncle Ho and children” made by artist Nguyen Minh Chau.
The statue was made to show the love and respect of Vietnamese people to the greatest leader Ho Chi Minh as well as to remind us of his loving children personality. Especially at night, the whole construction is spectacularly illuminated and looks beautiful like a castle in the dark.
(From the internet)